How to Use Periscope for Business
Periscope, the live streaming platform, has gained immense popularity in recent years. With over 10 million users, it has become a powerful tool for businesses to connect with their audience in real-time. Whether you are a small business owner or part of a large corporation, Periscope can help you grow your brand and engage with your customers. Here are some tips on how to effectively use Periscope for your business.
1. Plan your content: Before going live, plan your broadcasts to ensure they align with your business goals. Decide on the topics, timing, and frequency of your broadcasts to keep your audience engaged.
2. Promote your broadcasts: Use other social media platforms to promote your Periscope broadcasts. Announce upcoming broadcasts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to attract a larger audience.
3. Engage with your viewers: Periscope allows viewers to comment and interact with the broadcaster in real-time. Respond to their comments, answer questions, and acknowledge their presence to create a sense of community.
4. Provide valuable content: Offer educational or entertaining content that your viewers will find useful. Share industry insights, product demonstrations, or behind-the-scenes footage to keep your audience engaged and coming back for more.
5. Collaborate with influencers: Partnering with influencers can help you expand your reach and gain new followers. Invite industry experts or popular influencers to participate in your broadcasts and expose your brand to their audience.
6. Use analytics to track performance: Periscope provides analytics to track viewer engagement and retention. Use this data to understand what content resonates with your audience and optimize your future broadcasts.
7. Cross-promote your broadcasts: After your live broadcast ends, you can save it and share it on other platforms. Utilize YouTube, Facebook, or your website to reach a wider audience and extend the lifespan of your content.
8. Leverage the power of hashtags: Use relevant hashtags to increase the discoverability of your broadcasts. Research popular hashtags in your industry and include them in your broadcast title and description.
9. Collaborate with other businesses: Partnering with complementary businesses can help you cross-promote each other’s broadcasts. It’s a win-win situation where both parties can benefit from reaching a wider audience.
1. Can I schedule my Periscope broadcasts in advance?
Yes, Periscope allows you to schedule broadcasts in advance using third-party tools like Hootsuite or social media management platforms.
2. Can I monetize my Periscope broadcasts?
Currently, Periscope does not offer direct monetization options. However, you can use the platform to promote products or services indirectly and drive traffic to your website or online store.
3. How long should my Periscope broadcasts be?
It depends on the content and the engagement level of your audience. Aim for a duration that keeps your viewers interested and engaged, typically between 10 to 30 minutes.
4. Can I save my Periscope broadcasts for future use?
Yes, Periscope allows you to save your broadcasts for 24 hours. You can also save them to your device and repurpose them on other platforms.
5. Is it possible to broadcast from multiple devices simultaneously?
Periscope only allows one device to be connected to an account at a time. However, you can use multiple accounts to broadcast from different devices simultaneously.
6. Can I restrict who can view my Periscope broadcasts?
Periscope offers both public and private broadcasting options. With private broadcasts, you can select specific viewers or limit access to only invited participants.
7. Can I block or report inappropriate comments during my broadcasts?
Yes, you can block or report inappropriate comments or users during your broadcasts. Periscope provides moderation tools to help you maintain a positive and safe environment.
8. Can I edit my broadcasts after they end?
You cannot edit your broadcasts on Periscope itself, but you can save them to your device and edit them using video editing software before sharing them on other platforms.
9. Can I see who viewed my Periscope broadcasts?
Periscope provides analytics that show you the number of viewers and engagement metrics. However, you cannot see the individual identities of your viewers.
In conclusion, Periscope can be a valuable tool for businesses to connect with their audience in real-time. By planning your content, promoting your broadcasts, and engaging with your viewers, you can effectively use Periscope to grow your brand and achieve your business goals.